If you have been reading this blog regularly, you know how valuable it is to build a brand that establishes you as a CelebrityExpert within your market. Developing your Celebrity status will help you bring in more business, allow you to charge higher rates, and make it easier to retain clients and customers. Weve spent a great deal of time discussing strategies to develop such a personal brand, and today were going to cover five simple tactics that you can put in place to help you enhance your Celebrity status.
1) Make the right impression with a strong business card. Your business card plays an important role in formulating the first impression that you create. So its important that your card positions you in the right light. That doesnt necessarily mean a card that is flashy or dramaticbut your business card should represent the brand youre building.
2) Demonstrate your knowledge via social media. Social media platforms like LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook give you the opportunity to demonstrate your expertise to the world. Share articles that are relevant to your audience. Provide insight and analysis of breaking news concerning your market. This approach provides value to your audience while reinforcing your expertise at the same time.
3) Use your email signature to build your brand. Many of you send hundreds of emails each week. So why not brand this interaction, each and every time? You can do this with your email signature, which should summarize your points of differentiation while reinforcing your brand. Include a logo as well, if possible.
4) Dress the part. If youre branding yourself as a high-powered lawyer, showing up in a badly worn suit that hasnt been dry-cleaned in a month wont work. Similarly, if your brand is a personable, friendly, laid-back retirement advisor, the flashy suit doesnt fit. Dress appropriately for the brand you are developing!
5) Donate your expertise. Finally, one of the best ways to demonstrate your expertise and reinforce your brand is to find causes or charities to get involved in. This gives you the opportunity to utilize your abilities while working for a great cause at the same time. One way many of our clients have done this is by embracing the Entrepreneurs International Foundation, and I couldnt be any prouder or more grateful!
Questions or comments? Please contact me or any of the Agents at our Agency to learn more!